Under supervision of the Manager of Contracts and Administration, this temporary employee supports company operations by maintaining systems that ensure the smooth operation of the premises, facilitating the efficient functionality of SERA’s office.
SERA is a progressive, 100% employee-owned architecture, interior design and urban design & planning firm based in Portland, Oregon. Since 1968, SERA has been instrumental in the development of the city’s national reputation for livability. In 2015, we opened a second office in the Silicon Valley.
We work collaboratively with communities, universities, corporations, and institutions to formulate a sustainable development framework for the social, cultural, economic, and ecological infrastructure that underpins the making of whole and beautiful places.
Our culture reflects our commitment to great design, client service, and sustainability. SERA provides our employees with an enjoyable work environment and opportunities for professional and personal development. We provide quality service to our clients, while ensuring the growth and well-being of our team.
Job Title: Temporary Office and Facilities Maintenance Coordinator
Supervisor: Manager of Contracts and Administration
Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of all routine and non-routine building maintenance including changing lightbulbs and day to day climate control; troubleshooting issues with plumbing, electrical, mechanical, janitorial; working with contractors and building management to resolve issues; coordinate and manage repairs and upgrades.
- Inventory and purchase all office supplies, office furniture and appliances firm wide.
- Maintenance of all office machines and equipment firm wide.
- Maintenance of all SERA owned vehicles.
- Assist Staffing Coordinator with desk coordination/relocations pertaining to the on-boarding of new staff as well as company/office wide moves.
- Provide clerical support for SERA Staff.
- Provide Catering Support and set-up/breakdown of catering, large meetings, and maintenance of conference rooms.
- Assist with recycling functions in the Portland office.
- Manage ergonomic needs of staff firm wide.
- Assist with managing principal licensing requirements, monitor/update CE credit compliance, and renew licenses and related memberships.
- Other duties assigned.
Education, Experience, other Qualifications
- BA/BS preferred.
- Previous facilities maintenance or office management experience required.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience (and proficiency preferred) with multi-line phone system and diverse office machines.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with the administrative team associates.
- Advanced ability to multi-task and meet deadlines under pressure. Flexible.
- Professional demeanor.
- Advanced organization skills, attention to detail.
- Firm sense of responsibility.
- Ability to interact effectively with people from diverse cultural and educational backgrounds.
- The ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- The ability to spend several hours per day walking and using stairs.
SERA Architects Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.