This position leverages your previous experience to allow you to grow professionally. You will have the ability to work independently with some supervision. Opportunities include coordinating and directing less experienced staff to develop projects, independent research and/ or the ability to deliver built projects through construction.
SERA is a progressive, 100% employee-owned architecture, interior design and urban design & planning firm based in Portland, Oregon. Since 1968, SERA has been instrumental in the development of the city’s national reputation for livability. In 2015, we opened a second office in the Silicon Valley.
We work collaboratively with communities, universities, corporations, and institutions to formulate a sustainable development framework for the social, cultural, economic, and ecological infrastructure that underpins the making of whole and beautiful places.
Our culture reflects our commitment to great design, client service, and sustainability. SERA provides our employees with an enjoyable work environment and opportunities for professional and personal development. We provide quality service to our clients, while ensuring the growth and well-being of our team.
Job Title: Interior Designer
Supervisor: Studio Leader
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand and ensure adherence to SERA's graphic standards across team members.
- Create graphic presentations. Such as client presentations and marketing collateral.
- Research and coordinate details regarding specific scopes of work and/ or sub consultants.
- Work with product vendors/ manufacturers to develop details. Coordinate with other team members and building systems/ components.
- Ability to perform independent construction contract administration in conjunction with CA lead.
- Use the building code to develop floor plans and interior design elements. Provide code interpretations supporting the project objectives.
- Interact with the client to achieve project goals.
- Familiarity and adherence to project contract requirements.
- Research and select finishes appropriate for the project type and use.
- Lead portions of interiors client presentations.
- Work independently on all phases of a project.
- Creates and organizes work plans to execute assigned tasks.
- Interact with other SERA resources to achieve project goals.
- Performs basic project management functions (schedules, staffing and budgets).
- Independently coordinates MEP systems relating to interior work.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Requires a Bachelor or Master’s degree from an accredited program.
- Generally have 4 - 7 years of industry experience in an architect or interiors office.
- May be NCIDQ but not required.
- Experience with Autodesk Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, and MS Office required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Sketchup, Bluebeam preferred.
- Ability to communicate through verbal, written and graphic communication formats.
- Ability to determine the right tool for the task.
- Ability to prioritize and evaluate multiple important tasks.
- Established critical thinking to identify strengths, weaknesses or alternate solutions to problem with some supervision.
- Develop professional judgment and decision making processes to determine the most appropriate course of action.
- Develop leadership skills that motivate and guide teams and projects to desired outcomes.
SERA Architects Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.